Vitus Zenium Road Bike (Tiagra) 2020 Specifications02 Jan 2023
I bought a Vitus Zenium Road Bike (archive.org) in 2020 from Chain Reaction Cycles and as the years go by I keep going back to the product page to check the various details of the bike. Considering that the company releases a new version of the bike every year, I’m afraid that at some point the product page will be taken down, so I decided to copy all the information over here.
INTRODUCING THE AWARD-WINNING VITUS ZENIUM CARBON BIKE – READY TO TACKLE ANYTHING YOU THROW AT IT.
Local criteriums, speedy sportives, weekend club runs or your go-to winter training bike, the Zenium has you covered. Redeveloped to be a carbon frameset in 2019, we’ve now expanded the Zenium range for 2020.
The Zenium is designed to offer the perfect blend of comfort and performance for a great all-round riding experience. The compact geometry and slender dropped seat stays increase vertical compliance for a comfortable, balanced ride. The T700 HM-UD, disc brake specific, full carbon fork features a tapered carbon steerer for steering precision and inspiring handling, balancing confidence and control.
We’ve also allowed for more tire clearance, ensuring you can fit up to 32mm tires to tailor your ride. The frame is a fine balance of classic tube shapes and modern features, put together in a package that keeps weight to a minimum
Make no mistake, the Zenium wants to go fast! However, the subtle nods to all-day comfort ensure that if you are looking for a carbon road all-rounder, then the Zenium is for you.
The Vitus Zenium uses the reliable Shimano Tiagra 10 speed groupset, paired with TRP’s Spyre disc brakes and 160mm rotors.
Rolling on our Vitus clinchers, featuring 21mm internal rim widths, and a new, lighter set of hubs for 2020. These are paired with the super cool Vee Road Runner tan sidewall 28mm tires. The new Vitus Switch axles give you the option to leave the lever handle firmly secured in either wheel, or remove it for extra weight saving and aero gains. The cockpit is built with Vitus’ own 6061 Aluminium aero bar and stem, combined with a Vitus 27.2mm aluminium layback seatpost and our own tried and tested Vitus road saddle.
- Frame: Zenium UD Carbon T700 Internal cable routing, Flat Mount braking, PF30 BB Shell, 142 x 12
- Fork: UD Carbon, Full Carbon tapered steerer, 100 x 12mm
- Headset: Acros AiX-Low R3 Tapered 1 1/8”- 1 1/4”, upper bearing 41.8 / 28.6, lower bearing 47 / 33
- Bottom Bracket: Prestine PF30 BB to fit 24mm axle
- Handlebar: Vitus Aero AL6061, 128mm drop x 77mm reach
- Stem: Vitus AL6061 3D Forged, bar bore 31.8mm, +/- 7 degrees
- Grips: Vitus EVA Cork
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra R4700
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra R4700, 10-Speed, Direct Mount
- Shifters: Shimano Tiagra R4700
- Brakes: TRP Spyre C610C
- Rotors: Front: 160mm; Rear: 160mm
- Crankset: Shimano Tiagra R4700 50-34T, 10-Speed
- Chain: KMC X11, 10-Speed QUICK LINK
- Cassette: Sunrace CSRX0 11-32T, 10-Speed
- Front Hub: Vitus KT TZ5F-12, 12 x 100mm, CentreLock
- Rear Hub: Vitus KT CRR6L4, 12 x 142mm, CentreLock
- Rims: Vitus
- Tyres: Vee Road Runner 700c x 28c, B-Proof Aramid Belt, Skinwall
- Saddle: Vitus
- Seat Post: Vitus AL6061, 27.2mm x 350mm, 12mm offset
- Seatclamp: Vitus
- Axles: Vitus 12mm Thru-Axles
- Weight: 9.6kg (medium)